Untitled.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Let's see, what to do with this blog? Over the past year, I have contemplated deleting it, because I felt that some of the things I used to write about are no longer a good reflection of who I am now. Even my old style of writing make me cringe. I felt a need to close that chapter of my life, and potentially begin another one.
So why am I still writing here? Perhaps I am learning to accept who I was, and to accept that I've changed. Those memories of old need not be buried, because I cannot forget them anyway. Partly, it is that change that prompts me to write again. I would say that three years in university has matured me, but it has also made me a more "closed" and wary person. Because I want to trust again, I'm going to try maintaining a blog again, to begin putting words to my thoughts once more, even if I only end up talking to myself.
This blog was always meant to be personal, an outlet for strange thoughts and unsavoury emotions, and it will probably remain thus. But from here on out, I want it also to be a logbook of my journey to find myself, my confidence, and my sanity (if any). I feel that God is ever molding me and changing me for the better. And in time, perhaps, I will come to love that change and understand myself better.
And so, on that note, let me say: Hello world, again.
The Road goes ever on and onDown from the door where it began.Now far ahead the Road has gone,And I must follow, if I can,Pursuing it with eager feet,Until it joins some larger wayWhere many paths and errands meet.And whither then? I cannot say.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Labels: Random Musings