Sachi Hoshika
I am not what I am.
Friday, January 02, 2009
The end of a year (and the start of another) calls for a blog update... I don't know think many people would be interested in knowing how the year has been for me, however, so I'll keep this short.

It was, well, a year of new things: new experiences, new friends, new perspectives. I became of legal age (by Japanese standards, anyway), completed my first year in University, worked my way down my to-read book list, became a proud owner of an NDS, and had my first experience in a string orchestra. I met people who touched my heart and eroded the hikikomori shell, and yet some others who made my skin shiver. Discovered that people are almost never the way they appear to be on first glance. I had my first attempt at cosplaying, and found that it was an extremely stressful, albeit fun, hobby. I learnt that fandoms and music has the magic to break barriers bring the unlikeliest of people together (and I still stand by the hypothesis that cellists are some of the whackiest people on this planet ^_^ v) 

I learnt that wonderful things can happen if you have the courage to allow them to. 

And so, keeping the smiles close to my heart, I close the chapter of my life story. If I have any regrets, it is only that I did not put more into year 2008. To the people that have walked 2008 with me, I thank you for adding your special touch to my life, be it big or small. We may not meet again, but the memories won't fade.

"変わりゆく季節と
瞬間(とき)の中
懐かしいmelodies
大人になっても
色褪せはしないよ
僕達のprecious memories"

- Stephanie, "Friends" (Gundam 00 2nd ending)

(Through the changing seasons,
And this fleeting moment,
I listen to these nostalgic melodies.
Even when I become an adult,
Some things won't fade,
Like our precious memories.)

For the year 2009, God bless
Cheers
Jovi

Labels:

insane people
* Alyson
* Arthur
* Elenath
* Elgin
* Gabrylo the *coughcough* angelic Sheep-Cat-Chestnut
* Yang Yarongus the Coconut-flavoured Vampire
* Yiting the Demented (and her Sister the Insane)
poke me

daily dose
archive
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May, the background made by Bruna, opinions from Gabby, graphic from The Fading Night and inspiration from Nicole and Wanjing.