Sachi Hoshika
I am not what I am.
Recollections: Sisterhood of the Cello Bow
Friday, March 07, 2008
Look back in my archives and you might find a picture of a bunch of mad people standing in a circle, bows raised to meet in the middle of the circle, like a merry-go-round.

Those were the good, old, stressful SYF days. Practicing 6 days a week in a cramped, smelly room for hours and hours does things to people: they either become enemies for life, or friends for life.

Thankfully for us, the second happened.

Fast-forward one year. The seniors had left; Elgin, Tovya and I were the only experienced people left in the ACJC CO cello section. And we had a bunch of wide-eyed newbies on our hands. We didn't have SYF this year, but we bonded anyway. We were brought together by common strife. All of us, while insane in our own ways, all hid something within. What we didn't know then was that we bore, to a certain extent, the same pain.

If I have learnt anything throughout these years working with other cellists, it is this: cellists are multi-faceted people. Yes, I know, so are many others. But cellists are... different. We smile on the outside and cry on the inside. We are not suicidal people, but simply highly receptive to the inner emotions. And we are radars for the inner emotions of others. We can tell if someone else is troubled inside, because their aura resonates with us.

We are like crabs, with their hard shells. But break apart the exterior (with a GN chopstick or otherwise), and you find we're "secretly squishy" inside. Just like Tieria, surrounded by a melancholic enigma. (if you don't believe me, just wait for ep 22. I have the feeling there's going to be drama, and lots of it)

I'm feeling nostalgic, please forgive me...

The 'A' level results were released today. I'm not sure how everyone did, but the general response so far isn't good. From what I gather, it's a nationwide thing, so don't be discouraged, everyone! Shinjiru da yo~

Anyway, tomorrow is NTU CO's concert. We will make it a night to remember. Whether through a great performance or through amazing screw-ups remains to be seen. I'm praying for the first. XD

For all who have bought tickets, arigatou gozaimasu! For those who didn't, shame on you! No, just kidding. Even I don't have too much faith in this concert, so how can I expect you to? =p

Praying for the best...

Ja ne~

Labels:

insane people
* Alyson
* Arthur
* Elenath
* Elgin
* Gabrylo the *coughcough* angelic Sheep-Cat-Chestnut
* Yang Yarongus the Coconut-flavoured Vampire
* Yiting the Demented (and her Sister the Insane)
poke me

daily dose
archive
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May, the background made by Bruna, opinions from Gabby, graphic from The Fading Night and inspiration from Nicole and Wanjing.