Sachi Hoshika
I am not what I am.
Breakdown
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
I'm just wondering about the term 'mental breakdown'. When a machine breaks down, it means it stops working. It's faulty, useless. Two fates await it: to be dumped or to be repaired.

So... when someone has a mental breakdown, does it mean his brain is faulty and useless? Obviously we can't dump our brains, although there are those among us who have shown that it is possible to live on brainless. ^^ So... Where do we find brain repairmen?

Mental breakdown... Feels so degrading... A broken down machine is of no use to anyone; it is despised. What about a broken down brain? Should we despise anyone with a broken down brain? Does it mean they're useless too?

I suppose you could say a broken down brain is useless... It can no longer think straight. Unfortunately, that's no excuse for not doing our work. It isn't exactly a person's fault if his brain decides to go on holiday is it? No more than it is a machine's fault when it breaks down. Such things can't be predicted or, I doubt anyway, prevented. And yet, if we were to have a mental breakdown in the middle of an exam, we would get a zero all the same.

It's not fair... Hmph...

So how DO we prevent mental breakdowns? By not overworking, I suppose. Not going to happen in Singapore's society, where competition is tough. You take a day's break, you work triply hard the next day. Net change: loss in mental health and sanity= not good. And they dare blame us when we break down... I wonder IMH doesn't have to expand to take in all these new permanent breakdown-ees...

Oh well. My brain's been repaired for now. Hope it'll keep together at least till thursday evening! My last three intensive papers of this accursed prelims (or as Si Yi says, the p-thing ahahahaZ! I love the way she puts things). Then I can have a four-day break to cool my brain off, before my last two papers on next tuesday, which are less brain-draining, I hope.

Okays... Off to study again I guess... *whine whine* I don't want to! Don't make me! Mummy... *ahem* Ok I'm off~

Ja ne~

Labels:

insane people
* Alyson
* Arthur
* Elenath
* Elgin
* Gabrylo the *coughcough* angelic Sheep-Cat-Chestnut
* Yang Yarongus the Coconut-flavoured Vampire
* Yiting the Demented (and her Sister the Insane)
poke me

daily dose
archive
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May, the background made by Bruna, opinions from Gabby, graphic from The Fading Night and inspiration from Nicole and Wanjing.