Wednesday, June 14, 2006
'Love is never easy... We begin by loving the things we can, according to our stature. But it is not long before we find that what we love is other than ourselves, and that our love is no protection against being wounded. Do we then seek to dominate what we love, to make it bend to our will, to stop it hurting us, even though to do so is to betray love? And that is only where the difficulty begins.'- Nerili,
The Riddle by Alison Croggon
It seems uncanny that what I read this morning (in a bid to get myself to wake up haha...) would coincide with what I've been thinking about these days. The age-old question: What is love? And is there such a thing as too much love? Can you love someone so much you get hurt?
I won't deny it - I'm a selfish person. When I love someone, I hope to be loved in return, in equal proportions. Unfortunately not everyone is the same. We have different capacities of loving, and different ways of showing it. Me, I read into the nitty gritty, sometimes too much. And when you're paranoid too, it doesn't help. You start reading too much into the behaviour and actions of others, and conclude, whether or not it was the original intention of the target in question, that the person has negative feelings towards you...
Sometimes things are best kept simple and clean.
Love... sometimes it empowers, sometimes it destroys. Strange isn't it, how a small thing can cause joy and sorrow at the same time, and in intense proportions too! But after all's been said and done, we still cannot live without love. Love is what keeps many of us going, and breaks the rest down...
But what makes love so complicated is what makes us pursue it with such vigour, isn't it? Humans are that silly, they love challenges, if only for the thrill of curiousity. But bewarned, if you get too close to fire, you will get burnt...
Fine fine, enough musings, I think I'll go study now... Stave off the crazy thoughts...
Ja ne~
And may you all find the answer soon...
Labels: JC life