Sachi Hoshika
I am not what I am.
CO Chinese New Year!
Saturday, January 28, 2006
Yesterday was Ally's last day in school... So saddZ! K lah... Since she doesn't want to meet in dreams, we'll meet online bah!! =D

CO's Chinese New Year performance went well, I suppose... After that went to LT1 to watch the rest of it. The dikir barat was so funny! Something about 'The Dog Year is here, no more bird flu' and 'Enjoy 4 days hoilday'. Lolx! Think theirs was the best performance. Then after that we had some CNY sing-a-long. The sb3 guys were fooling around. Think most of them are anti-Chinese. =
The CO had our traditional Yu Sheng after that. So funny! I think a lot of it ended up on the table... But at least we had fun yea! The sashimi was good. Stupid Edward was joking he put the salmon under his armpit for 10 hours, hence the stink. -__- Took some good pictures there. Yarong helped take those while we were 'lau-ing' the Yu Sheng:

Image hosting by Photobucket See lah! The guys slacking, leaving the girls to do the work! AhahahaZ...

Image hosting by Photobucket Trying to do things the traditional way... Sam's reading what the Yu Sheng ingredients represent.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Adding the peanuts. Can't remember what the peanuts represent... =
Image hosting by Photobucket
Chiong ar! Riot!!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Jiak ar jiak ar! All the greedy pigs. That full plate must be Edward's... =_~

Image hosting by Photobucket
'Prize giving' Ceremony~ Ally's goodbye present. And Ally's famous laugh!!

After that went out with Ally, Yarong and Granddotter~ Miss my darling Gwacie~~ Heex... We went for lunch, then watched Memoirs again. Coz no other movie to watch, and Gwacie wanted to watch mahZ... The soundtrack!! *gasps in delight* Still love it... So captivating... ^^

Then we went Weilin's house at Maysprings condo for CO 'Tuan Yuan Fan'. Was actually a barbecue lahZ! But it was nice... Trust brand of food is still Elgin brand, although Edward did try. I passed his chicken wing coz got so much honey on the skin, even though inside not really cooked. Can see the blood de... But hey, I'm still alive right~ Plus his honey marshmallows were nice~ Extra sweet though... =\ Too bad Chua Ming didn't come... He barbecue also not bad... AhahahahaZ.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Our food connoisseurs, Maidemoselle Jack, Maidemoselle Marilyn and kitchen boy Joshua.

Image hosting by Photobucket Edward pigging out on his honey marshmallows. They're really sweet!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Elgin brand chicken wings - trusted throughout the CO!

Image hosting by Photobucket Impromtu shot. Xing was trying to wear his glasses. Looks weird in a weird way. And yes Cheryl, the satay stick is very tasty.

Image hosting by Photobucket Not very well taken, but yeps. Girls' gathering!

Image hosting by Photobucket Campfire's burning, campfire's burning! Oops, it's the barbecue pit... Cool right cool right!!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Another girl's gathering...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Stoners in Weilin's house!

Image hosting by Photobucket
AhahahaZ another girls' group shot!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Lift gang!! So many people squashed up in the lift. Only good shots are Tov and Sam. Xing too tall, but the white shirt is his. Can't remember whose head that is, Ally's maybe. And Han's ear... =
While was there at the barbecue pit, a sense of deja vu overtook me. You see, about 1.5 years ago, I was there barbecuing too. (not me barbecuing, but me barbecuing food ahahahaZ) With a different group of people, of course. We went there after NPCC ROD 2004. And he was there too... Made me think how time flies. Those were people I'd known for 4 years, my closest friends. We shared so many hardships together, both in training and out, and after such a long time, our time together was brought to a close, all in one night. I still remember how I felt when I got home that night. Sad, yet happy. Knowing that while I may never see these people again, the friendships forged will last. Indeed I still talk to them online. Er jie (on Maple!), Ah Pow (my ex-boss; given up asking him for my pay), NSK (met him yesterday outside Lot 1), Junguang (when he comes online, that is)... I'll probably never forget them. Especially him... ^^

I am reminded of my poem 'Last Goodbye', and Ronin-kun's 'To the Walking Stranger'. Every year we say goodbye to friends, senior and junior. It does get irritating once in a while. Which is why I love to take as many photos as I can. When I was in Sec 4, my junior told me, 'I notice the Sec 4s love to take photos a lot.' I replied, 'When you're Sec 4, you will know.' Well, he's Sec 4 now, and I think he's learning the meaning of the term 'Beautiful Memory'. A photo is a memory captured in paper (or, with modern technology, in a digital image'), and may this memory never fade. The smiles in the photo reflect the strangled tears within. May I never forget.

And so here I am, standing in the middle of Maysprings condo, watching the fountains. I wonder when will be the next time I go for a barbecue there, if ever, and if I do, who will be there? Non-Christians call it Fate; Christians call it God's will. Either way, I believe it's the same. A stronger Force guides our way. We are all on a foggy path; we cannot see what lies ahead, only what lies behind, our triumphs and downfallings. All we can do is trust this guiding Hand in our lives to bring us where it will. Who knows for sure where we will be in 10 years? I may be a doctor, you, a lawyer, and he, a road sweeper. Who knows? No one! And that's why, however uncomfortable it may be to be blinded on this road of life, we must always trust the guiding Hand to lead you on the safe mountain path, lest we go our own way and take a tumble into the fast-rushing river.

Lead on, God. I'm ready.

Ja ne~

PS: for the rest of the photos, they're at http://photobucket.com/albums/a32/minerva12/Chinese%20New%20Year%202006/?start=all Drop by for a look! And please send me all your photos, will try to collate them for easy looking!

Labels:

insane people
* Alyson
* Arthur
* Elenath
* Elgin
* Gabrylo the *coughcough* angelic Sheep-Cat-Chestnut
* Yang Yarongus the Coconut-flavoured Vampire
* Yiting the Demented (and her Sister the Insane)
poke me

daily dose
archive
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May, the background made by Bruna, opinions from Gabby, graphic from The Fading Night and inspiration from Nicole and Wanjing.