Family christmas
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Blessed christmas everyone~! It's the 5th day of Christmas already (5 golden rings? ^^)! Hope you all had a good time. For me...Christmas with the family has never been more fun.
Those who know me well enough will know I'm not a fan of the idea of a close family. As far as I'm concerned, my friends are the ones who are there for me most of the time. My family? Maybe they care, but they don't really understand, do they? But this year... Perhaps it's the JC timing, getting out of the house before the sun rises, and returning long after the sun sets. And my dad's hectic work schedule means he sometimes comes home as late as 11pm. We seldom had the time to eat dinner together as a family. Even my mum spends more time at work and usually doesn't have the time/ energy to cook. It is now, in these two weeks that my parents were on leave that I realise what I've missed... Family.
And so I spent some time with the family this holiday. Besides the 3 days in CO chalet last week (so fun!!! see Ally's blog for pics), I've tried to stay at home, or at least eat dinner with them. These were the people I grew up with. No matter how many times my brother bullied me, my mum scolded me and my dad gave me that 'I'm so disappointed in you' frown, they are still the people who have seen me through everything, since young, and cared for me.
And Christmas this year... You my faithful blog readers may or may not know that I've been attending City Harvest's services recently. When I first started, I felt I'd found God. Now, seeing things with a different mindset, I'm going for a temporary high, missing out on the real deal. Joining, if you will, in a sales company. So this year, going with the family thing again, I attended service with my family. Not only did I feel more relaxed, I enjoyed myself more, rather than if I went for a service with simple aquaintances. Trust me, it's not that the City Harvest people aren't friendly. Salespeople make it their habit to smile always, after all.
Christmas is, first and foremost, a time for God. But it's also a time for family. Just like Chinese New Year for the Chinese, and Hari Raya Puasa for the Malays. It's a time of gathering with your loved ones, a time to share the joy, share the warmth, share the love. And that's what I did this Christmas.
I hope you all had a warm, blessed Christmas.
God Bless.
Ja ne~
Labels: JC life