Sachi Hoshika
I am not what I am.
The end is nigh...
Sunday, October 09, 2005
Friends, we have come so far together. We have endured the biting cold and overcome many an enemy. Now the end is nigh! Victory is at hand! The enemy rears it's ugly head, yet do not despair, for the Lord our God goes with us! Onward! Onward to the sunlit lands, where, weary from our battles, we will rest in peace and in comfort!

Ok, I'm crapping. Almost everyone should have finished their exams by now. Except us poor Lit students and the Bio and Computing students too. Think there's Geog on tuesday too, but I dunno anyone who takes Geog. Oh and Physics SPA on wednesday too!

I was just reflecting on the past week yesterday morning (when I was too lazy to study for my last paper lol). I realised that if I really thought about it, there were so many ways God has blessed me through the exams. It's human nature (or at least it's my nature) to look at the negative side of things. That's how the psycho doctors are earning money. It is especially Singaporean nature to complain complain complain, as I have, admittedly, been doing. It's time I gave God His due credit.

Let's start from the start. GeePee~ Some people think I chose a bad topic for the essay. But when I chose that topic, I felt that God was leading me to do so. Because I always have a problem choosing my compo topic, it is my habit to pray for guidance, and at that time I felt God, and not my discontentment for the education system, wanted me to do that question. Even if I wrote a bad essay, what's done is done. It's up to God now. The compre too. I've never written that much for my AQ. It's not that much actually. 2 pages. But it's more than twice my usual 3-quarter page. Praise God!

Chem. Thank God for watashi san oniichan! 5 hours of mugging in Jurong library on Sunday, and later at Mac. Think it worked! The only thing I can remember now is the last bromopentane which I didn't have time to draw. Section B of paper 2 is quite screwed, but unless I've forgotten something, section A should be ok. Anyhow, I will trust God for at least a pass yea?

Chinese. What else can I say. God actually blessed me with an essay topic which I'd done before! Didn't manage to replicate the essay exactly, but think it's ok lah. Thank you Lord. Paper 2 wasn't that good. Didn't know most of what came out for the 2 MCQ sections, so anyhow whack. But God is faithful. I got 2 out of 5 tian xie han zi! Better than my usual 0. Haha.

I don't take Econs, but I'd be good to note here that I heard the essay wasn't good. Whatever it is, I thank God for blessing watashi ni oniichan through his Econs paper. Ask him for the details. =D

Maths. So I missed out one question and threw 6 marks into the swimming pool outside the badminton hall. So I didn't manage to do so many questions that I should have known how to do. So I didn't complete my last graph. God is still faithful. Ally is going to kill me (again) for saying this, but by calculation, if I did whatever I did correctly, I'll get 78 marks. Give and take careless errors, it's still a pass. It's even better than a pass! By God's grace, think I can get at least C.

Lit paper 4. All I'm saying is that it could have been much worse. Don't want to repeat my story because I don't want to think about it anymore. Thank God for Kalpana too! Love ya! Hope her dad didn't kill her!

Chem SPA. Moral of the story: if you don't see crystals, pray. Yarong my mad woman twin sister can attest to that too! My yield wasn't good, didn't have time to calculate how much, but at least I have my 6 improvements and errors! Even if I fail skill B, I still have my skill D marks there. Praise the Lord!

Pheeeeeesics! Guess it could have been much worse. The mock exam misled a lot of people I think. The actual paper was much harder than the mock. I couldn't do the charged particles question and half of Archimedes (Rubby the Rubber Duck! lol). Data analysis, wasn't counting on that anyway. Section B was done in half an hour because I misread the clock. Haha. Rushed through it, but I think I got most of what I can do. Thank you Lord! MCQ was good too. So far, the questions I've compared seem to be correct. By God's grace, I'll get all 15 correct! Thank God for his help on the two circuit questions and the thermo cycle question in MCQ. Just one look at them and I felt I knew the answer! Whee~

God has given me the three most precious gifts in the exam hall: calm, time and answers! By logical induction, I think it is safe to conclude that tomorrow's paper will be good! Suffice to say, I won't die immediately. =D

'When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God'
- "Still", Hillsongs
(Mad woman twin! Remember we sang this song together once? Haha.)

To God be the glory. It's gonna be a good day tomorrow.

Ja ne~

Labels:

insane people
* Alyson
* Arthur
* Elenath
* Elgin
* Gabrylo the *coughcough* angelic Sheep-Cat-Chestnut
* Yang Yarongus the Coconut-flavoured Vampire
* Yiting the Demented (and her Sister the Insane)
poke me

daily dose
archive
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May, the background made by Bruna, opinions from Gabby, graphic from The Fading Night and inspiration from Nicole and Wanjing.