'not my will but Yours be done'
Sunday, August 07, 2005
Haven't blogged for so long... Haha. One week le! Actually I've been wanting to put this up for some time, but I keep forgetting. Heex.
Yup, anyway, yesterday, as I was rifling through my Chem notes, I came across, whether by accident or by some divine Force (=mass * acceleration =D) to a page in my Chemical Bonding notes. Right at the top of the page was written: 'not my will but Yours be done'. I remember the time when I wrote those words, not exactly out of boredom, on that page. That was the day the class posting results were released. Was feeling quite (ok, that's an understatement) sad because, while I was remaining in SB4, 3/4 of the class was being transfered out. Including all my closest friends for the first 3 months but one. (Yup, Nive darling!) So, on a spur of inspiration, I wrote that line. Kind of felt so much better after that.
After that day, my chem bonding notes was left to rot in the dust until the next important event. SYF. The day after SYF, we had a test on bonding. I'll never forget staying up till 3am just to study. Not like anything went in anyway. Not that I could sleep either. Ya, but, as all the ACJC CO people would remember what happened on that day, we were very disappointed. I won't elaborate; you all would know what happened. (check the blog history for details if necessary) But anyway, when I studied for the test that night, I saw that line again. Again, that feeling of blessed assurance that some higher authority is in control came over me. Oh, the peace!
My third encounter with that set of notes was for my terms. As with the previous two encounters, my heart was heavy laden. The CO-study routine wasn't working well with my mind. Just felt like giving up. But, in a way, that line pushed me on and gave me peace of mind.
The latest encounter, the one that encouraged me to write this, was yesterday. A total of 4 people, including myself, know fully what has been going on. Or at least, I only told two people. And of course there's the other party, you know who you are. That other party might have told some people that I don't know of. No matter how many people know, but suffice to say that the progression of events have been going too fast for my turtle reflexes to comprehend. But I think I've finally reached the stage of acceptance. Again, thanks to that sentence. Yup, so if anyone's worried, there's no need to, k? (=
It's amazing how God can work through a boring set of chem notes to give comfort in 4 different situations. To summarise:
Praise God, from Whom all blessing flow! (=
Ja ne~
Labels: JC life