Sachi Hoshika
I am not what I am.
Mooning!
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Heex... The maths and science council organised some Mooncake Festival thingie today. Which was ironic because the moon was not visible, now being the crescent moon/moonless period. The only moons we could see were 4 of Jupiter's moons through a telescope. Heex.

But the best part wasn't Jupiter's moons. It wasn't even the mooncake. It was lying on the track with watashi no san-niichan (is it supposed to be written like that? heex) and singing like mad... Too bad no guitar... Ahhhh!! I miss my husband!! Sobx... It's a bit lame, but it has always been my dream to lie perhaps on some field under the stars and play my guitar... Sighz...

Anyway, when I was talking to my san-niichan, he brought two rallying points that made the old SB4 more united: a) around Ching Lih; b) against The Khor. The first point I can accept. Having Ching Lih in our class was one of the most interesting things in my life. Still miss him. And still can't forget what he told me about The Kaur when she first stepped into class. Cheeky cheeky... LOL.

But the second point... We still curse when he makes us stay back to do our physics. We still make fun of his short tongue ('Halli up!'). We still hate the late nights spent doing his 'tutowials'. In that aspect, the old and new SB4 is no different. So why the difference in attitude?

In response to san-niichan's comment, I cited music as the biggest factor that brought us together. You see, in the old SB4, we have:
~ Stephen and san-niichan in choir
~ Huiling in strings
~ Huiling and me in CO
~ Baoqing and me in guitar (and Joel, who almost joined guitar... that pro guy... *jealous jealous*)
Yup, and we have the scholars, who pretty much are musically inclined in one way or another. Music was the soul of our class! Now... No one can carry a tune even if their lives depended on it.

Take today for example. I haven't sung so much since the first 3 months! Ok, my singing is bad, but it was still fun! Haiz... Tonight really reminded me of the old SB4... The friendships forged, the trust and the unbreakable bonds of brotherhood. The new SB4 is as friendly as playing minesweeper. Heck, I'd rather play minesweeper lah! At least the ground won't suddenly open up and swallow you as you minesweep...

Sighz... Words fail me now... All I have left to say is: Music rocks my world

And the age-old line:
'If music be the food of love, play on...'
- Orsino, Twelfth Night, I/i/1

Ja ne~

Labels:

insane people
* Alyson
* Arthur
* Elenath
* Elgin
* Gabrylo the *coughcough* angelic Sheep-Cat-Chestnut
* Yang Yarongus the Coconut-flavoured Vampire
* Yiting the Demented (and her Sister the Insane)
poke me

daily dose
archive
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May, the background made by Bruna, opinions from Gabby, graphic from The Fading Night and inspiration from Nicole and Wanjing.