What a lazy Sunday afternoon can do to you...
Sunday, July 10, 2005
I found something today... Something very precious... Something which I hope never to lose...
I found...
God's peace.
(am I being over-dramatic here? sorry, just read Arthur's blog, and you know what he's like. lolx)
This afternoon was thinking about homework, homework, CO, exam results, guitar, homework, certain matters I shall not mention, school, guitar, CO, homework, etc... Then started thinking, why am I worrying? What am I achieving in worrying? Only more wrinkles and pimples(?). Why am I bothering about stuff I don't understand?
The insanity of it all. The truth is, many of us, me included, have tried taking control of our lives, so much that we make a mess out of it. Then we blame God. It's like getting lost in the forest because you wouldn't listen to your guide, then blaming him for leading you astray.
Moral of the story: don't try messing with something you don't understand. Why give yourself such a headache, when Someone is willing to disentangle your life for you?
It's strange, once you realise that, everything seems to flow smoothly. The problems didn't disappear, but they don't bother you anymore, because you know, Someone else is handling them. The burden is lifted. You experience real peace and joy. (which probably explains why I'm hyper now... heex)
Conclusion:
'
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.'
- Matthew 11:28
(this has been something I often tell others to do, yet never had the courage to follow my own advice.)
'
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.'
- John 14:27
(something my friend encouraged me with long ago. thankx~)
Ja ne~
Labels: JC life