Displacement
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
'
Displacement is the redirection of an impulse onto a substitute target. If the impulse, the desire, is okay with you, but the person you direct that desire towards is too threatening, you can displace to someone or something that can serve as a symbolic substitute. '
(Source:
http://www.ship.edu/~cgboeree/freud.html)
The E4 teacher (who promised us
chocolates!!) told us about this today when we discussed Journey's End... Somehow, I feel that this is what I've been doing: repressing certain thoughts and projecting them out on someone else. (Think some people might know... You could ask if you want, but I reserve the right to deny you the full story.
mwahahahaha...)
Bah! Don't know lah! Wish I knew though... Or have the courage to tell... Quite encouraged by the situations of some people around me, but still unsure of my next move... Sometimes I wish life could be simpler... All this waiting and speculating and waiting and speculating is driving me
nuts! Argh!
((Confused? It was meant to... =p See? I'm nuts!))
In other news, might be switching to livejournal soon... My
mad woman twin got me half convinced.
~^*Praying the path will be clear soon*^~
Ja ne~
Labels: JC life