CO... BahZ...
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
BahZ... CO is draining my energy and my time... Still got so many tickets to sell! The program is still not done... Now trying to rush out the acknowledgements... Last minute work! Ahahaz... And my revision is not going well...
AHHHHHHH... From today must study hard le... Cannot slack!
Jia you!
Anyway, some thoughts I've been having since morning... Some people say
music calms the soul. True? I believe so. These few days a bit stressed up, what with study and CO... And the lack of sleep, sort of... The only place I can seek solace is with my
guitar... Perhaps one of the few friend that have remained faithful to me in the ups and downs of my life, and definitely the only one I feel comfortable pouring my sorrows out to. Yes, I speak to my guitar. Stop giving me that funny look. =D (I do that every time I tune a cello too... Tell the strings not to snap... =p It works you know... Elgin, you should try... Hehe.) The calm I experience when I play the guitar alone, no words can really describe. Just any song will do. Or even a few random chords... Sigh... Love my guitar! =D See Elgin? You're not the only one that can understand the calming effect of music (people who don't understand, read his blog, 2nd paragraph... lol)
Yupp... So this is my tribute to music, and to my guitar too! Just felt like acknowledging my
darling husband on my blog... Yet again... lol...
"
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs, and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music."
- George Eliot, '
The Mill on the Floss'
"
. . . music oft hath such a charm to make bad good and good provoke to harm."
- William Shakespeare, '
Measure for Measure'
Labels: JC life