Sachi Hoshika
I am not what I am.
What is friendship?
Monday, March 28, 2005
Hmm... Need to make an appology. Sorry to some people whom I have been ignoring online. Especially my oniichan... Think he got confused last night when I suddenly went offline, then came back on for like half a minute, then went off again. Actually MSN kicked me off... My router hung. So I fixed it. Then suddenly didn't feel like talking to anyone. Felt like being alone, so I left without a word... Sorry oniichan.

I suddenly got a weird thought while bathing just now... What is friendship? How do we define true friendship? Who can we consider true friends? Since primary school, I've been harbouring a naive perspection about 'friendship'. I thought anyone whom I was on good terms with was a friend. For 8 years since kindergarten, I trusted a 'friend', blinded by my own naievity to see the truth about her. Only when I had parted ways with her in secondary school did I see the light about her, about the times she betrayed me...

Perhaps it was then that I started not trusting anyone. I had 3 close friends in sec 1/2. Looking back, they were just people who shared my interests, apart from being sort of the 'outcasts' of the class. I never told them any secrets, never went to them for help. Nonetheless, I am grateful for their company. Thanks!

The only people I can really count as my friends are my mummy and my granddaughter. That was the first true taste of friendship. People who really cared, really bothered to make sure I was alright. People whose shoulders are always ready to let you cry on, whose arms are always wide open in an embrace, whose smile never fails to give hope and courage. Those people are the best friends anyone can ask for. And you two are the people who gave me all that. For that, I owe you a BIG hug! *sees my granddaughter cringing and hears her scream, 'Ahhh!! Get away from me!'* Haha. Love you two lots!

Guess I owe my uncle a mention too. He's one of the few people who really care. Don't know how many nights I spent sms-ing him and crying. Thank you for trusting me first. Thank you for being there. Thank you for caring.

Also should thank my oniichan. I know he cares, although I never told him my troubles. But he always has an encouraging word for me. Thank you!

Sigh... Other than that... Guess I don't really have any other friends. More of aquaintances. Unless you count Nanashi. By far, he's the only one whose shoulder I've really cried on. The one who accompanies me throughout the night when I'm down. The lone voice comforting me in the darkness... But that doesn't really count, does it? Because he's a guitar... Haha.

Anyway... To all my friends, old and new, and those yet to come. Thank you for being there in my times of need. Love you all!

Labels:

insane people
* Alyson
* Arthur
* Elenath
* Elgin
* Gabrylo the *coughcough* angelic Sheep-Cat-Chestnut
* Yang Yarongus the Coconut-flavoured Vampire
* Yiting the Demented (and her Sister the Insane)
poke me

daily dose
archive
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May, the background made by Bruna, opinions from Gabby, graphic from The Fading Night and inspiration from Nicole and Wanjing.