Sachi Hoshika
I am not what I am.
Squee de gozaru~
Friday, August 22, 2008
*blows dust off blog* Yeah, so this is going to be a recap of my last three months, in which I've been mysteriously absent. I watched lots of anime. That's all I can say. Well, not as much as I would have liked to, but still lots.

Finally got down to Fate/Stay. And Watermelon passed me the whole stack of Rurouni Kenshin she downloaded. It's an old series, I know, but it's something I've wanted to watch ever since I got into anime, about 8 years ago? Also, I finished Blood+ in 8 days. I feel foolish admitting that I only watched it because the soundtrack was produced by Hans Zimmer. And there's a really hot cellist in it. But the animation was good and the storyline was excellent, if a tad depressing, so no complaints at all.

I also got into the Gyakuten Saiban/Phoenix Wright series of DS games. And with that came my first slash pairing... But that's a different story altogether. ^^ Gyakuten Saiban has really good music -- for something that started out as a GBA game. If you like game music, I recommend checking out their Orchestral album. Heck, they even had a concert with the program filled with GS music, and the tickets sold out fast. Which is why they're having another two next month. Wish I could go. No, more than that, I wish I could join the orchestra. Minna-san, if you hear about an orchestra who is planning to perform a Gyakuten Saiban piece, and is looking for cellists, PLEASE tell me. I'll join them without a second thought.

Watermelon-Coconut invited me to the NUS Anime Club's chalet and barbecue. It was fun hanging out with a bunch of otakus, though the guys just sat with their eyes glued to the TV, and their hands to X-Box/PS3 controls, except during meal times. The girls made a spectacular mess in the kitchen (hey, at least the food turned out GOOD) and watching random stuff. It was at that chalet that I watched the vampire movie that is the reason I won't read Stephenie Myer.

It was also at that chalet that I first heard of Rock Musical Bleach, which I am strangely addicted to now, one month later. The songs are rather catchy, even if the singing is just mediocre. Granted, though, it isn't easy to sing and dance/fight. And it isn't easy to find actors who actually look like the characters, who can fight and dance, and who can also sing. The singing gets better as the series of musicals progresses, anyway. I think what I like best about it is the elaborate costumes -- probably the most expensive Bleach cosplay ever. And also, I am convinced that it's not just the people at Sunrise that are perpetually on crack. Whoever wrote the script for the musicals, especially the "omake" bits and the Live Bankai Show, is DEFINITELY on the same kind of high as the people who wrote the Gundam 00 Season Two chibi promo video.

Well anyway, I'm back in school. Very soon, not only will my Calculus textbook bear marks of abuse by Exia, but my Linear Algebra and Statistics textbooks too. And serves them right too.

Benkyou benkyou!!

Ja ne~
insane people
* Alyson
* Arthur
* Elenath
* Elgin
* Gabrylo the *coughcough* angelic Sheep-Cat-Chestnut
* Yang Yarongus the Coconut-flavoured Vampire
* Yiting the Demented (and her Sister the Insane)
poke me

daily dose
archive
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May, the background made by Bruna, opinions from Gabby, graphic from The Fading Night and inspiration from Nicole and Wanjing.