Kinou, Kino e ikimashita~~
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Get the pun? Get the pun? ^^ Oh well, it's a lame one anyway. Yeah, I was at Kino yesterday to pick up the Gundam 00 Official File Vol 1 that I ordered last Sunday. They told me it'd take 2 to 4 weeks for it to come. But they called me on Good Friday to tell me it's ready for collection. Talk about good service...
Anyway, as I was wandering around in Kino, my feet brought me to the Science section. Curious, I took a look at the Math section, where... 3 people were browsing. That's quite a lot, for a boring section like Math. I found something interesting there, though. A book called Music: a Mathematical Offering. Amused, I flipped through it. Actually, it might have been more accurate to call it a Physical Offering. Except it tended to focus on the integration and the working out of formulae than the actual Physical concepts. So... It was a pretty interesting read anyway.
My black (sadly not crimson) NDS is now a week and a day old. I'm surprised I've been managing to find time to play a bit everyday, without taking too much time off my studies. Nor am I hopeless addicted. Surprisingly, of all the games I'm playing now, Nodame Cantabile is the most addictive. And I barely understand what's going on. I mean, the only things I understand, more or less, are the title of the classical tracks. XD Bascially, most of the playing part involves the player being part of an orchestra which is conducted sometimes by Chiaki, and sometimes by Stressemann. As he conducts, music notes fall from his baton onto the touch screen. At the same time, little circles float on screen from the player's right-hand side, and as the notes and the circles meet, the player needs to tap them. Sounds simple, but wait till you get a piece with a fast tempo! Being right-handed also means that more often than not, your hand blocks the oncoming circles. I miss most of the notes that way. I think it's fun because if you get most of the notes, the conductor gets these sparkly lights around him, typical shojo anime style. Chiaki is rather cute when he conducts too! KYAA~~
This week is going to be an exciting week, and not only because I have a Linguistics test coming up on Friday and a stupid presentation on Thursday. On Wednesday, Gundam 00 2nd OST is released. And on Thursday, the Gundam 00 NDS game is released! Looks like a week of Gundam 00 related stuff~~ Squee~~ For my sake, I hope the pirates don't crack Gundam 00 till Friday, else I'll never get any studying done! But I think I can safely look forward to studying to some rather emo tracks. Not to mention MY WISHES OVER THEIR AIRSPACE~~~~~~~ ^^
Oh, I just found out that the guy who did the Ouran High OSTs is the same guy responsible for half the tracks in Death Note. Kyaa~~ I love him already~~ And thus I conclude there are as many good soundtrack composers in Japan as there are in the West. Whee~ I shall look forward to more of his works~ ^^
Busy, busy week ahead~
Ja ne~