A heightened sense of sound
Thursday, February 28, 2008
It ALWAYS happens before a large scale concert that I find myself having a temporarily heightened sense of hearing. These days, when I take a SBS bus, I find myself listening intently to the background music more than the conversation taking place on whatever they're showing on TV Mobile. (The Leap Years trailer, by the way, has a very catchy and exciting perpetual bass line. I especially chord progression. That's what it's called, I think... XD) And sometimes, halfway through doing my tutorials, I'll start humming a random line from one of my concert songs. It isn't so bad, until I try to add in the percussion bits... That's usually when my brain starts screaming at me to shut up and do my work quietly.
I also tend to get high faster. And more artistically inclined. The last concert, I think I had an influx of poetry. This time is crazy fanfic ideas, and I say
ideas, because I don't really have time to pen anything down properly. I started one on Sunday night, and it's still not done, because I haven't had the time to clean up the characterisation.
But I did manage to write something on Tuesday night that had been bugging me all the way to CO practice, and all the way back. It was so much fun, and it portrayed the duality in Tieria's character so beautifully that I just had to write it. The characterisation part, in particular, was exactly the same thing I was having problem with in the previous fic, so I was happy when it came out somewhat smoothly. (Do pardon me. It appears that I have the bad habit of discussing and explaining the hidden meanings in my writing. Many writers like to do that too, as I found out while doing Literature. I used to find it somewhat irritating, like bragging. But it seems that they, like me, cannot help themselves.)
Anyway, the fic will probably be up soon, after a third editting session. (This is another problem: I either edit compulsively, or not at all.)
Recently, I've been thinking about my blog readership. I had originally put up the password because I wanted to control who reads my blog. But it's been getting rather lonely recently... Oh well, perhaps it's better this way, considering my tendency to post personal rants. XD
Whee~
Ja ne~