Sachi Hoshika
I am not what I am.
Belated wishes
Friday, February 15, 2008
It's eight days after Chinese New Year, and one after Valentine's Day. So a belated Happy Chinese New Year and Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! While I'm at it, I might as well throw in New Year and Christmas! "We wish you a merry christmas!"

So how did I spend Valentine's Day? Just like any other tertiary student. I woke up at 0600hrs, dragged myself out of bed, gulped down some coffee, rushed to school for @^&%$! Calculus lab, stayed in school for lessons till 1730hrs, then travelled to Ang Mo Kio for dinner with Zizi and Mummy.

Busy busy day.

I did get some kick out of stacking chocolates the way L stacks sugar cubes, though. Lecture was boring and very deep.

Speaking of L, if I understand the Chinese section of my paper, there are sneak previews for the movie today! *squees like only a fangirl can* But I'm going to wait to recess week to watch it anyway. The only value that little advertisement has to me is the picture. XD

Went out with Zizi and Mummy for dinner yesterday. We had Mos burger at AMK hub. And because the stall was too small, we ended up taking away and sitting at the bus interchange. We had a weird chat about careers, school and film-making. Oh, and love, of course! The thing that confuses even the wise.

But I think the my favourite part of these two days is this totally pointless Chinese New Year performance at NIE. As I stated clearly, I was only there for the food. All else is trivial.

So, we played to songs, which were, like all Chinese New Year songs, lively, fun, but repetitve. And lots of pizzicato parts. My fingers (BOTH first and second!!) hurt now. Bleah.

The event even came complete with a very JC-style excuse letter for both the rehearsal on Valentine's Day, and the actual concert today. Teachers will always, and have always been, teachers, even since the start of their training... I'm keeping the excuse letter as a souvenir. Waay better than the sour oranges, chocolate coins and fortune cookie that came in the goodie bag. Better even than the Ferrero Rocher they gave as a token of appreciation (one box per group of performers, so we got 2 each).

And then, the free lunch buffet. The curry was fantastic. So was the herbal chicken. So after everyone had left, and before they cleared up the leftover food, we went to grab some more. I mixed the cabbage with the curry. Got some weird looks, but it did taste nice. Then I mentioned that I wanted to drink the herbal chicken soup. So someone dug up a dessert bowl, and I scooped it out straight from the tray. It did taste good. I drank 3 or 4 bowls.

On hindsight, that might not have been the best idea. They must have put something wrong in the soup. Because after that, I got High. I sang random songs, deliberately out of tune, went spinning on the spinning chair back in the study room, where we hung out, too lazy to move to our next class, and even agreed to do a Haruhi pose. Certainly not one of my finest moments... But gosh, was it fun! I haven't been so crazy since... I don't know, the otaku sleepover?

But the downside of all that High is that I need my sleep now... So...

Ja ne~

P.S.: There! I blogged! ^^
insane people
* Alyson
* Arthur
* Elenath
* Elgin
* Gabrylo the *coughcough* angelic Sheep-Cat-Chestnut
* Yang Yarongus the Coconut-flavoured Vampire
* Yiting the Demented (and her Sister the Insane)
poke me

daily dose
archive
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May, the background made by Bruna, opinions from Gabby, graphic from The Fading Night and inspiration from Nicole and Wanjing.