Sachi Hoshika
I am not what I am.
Yay new year...
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Ok, so I'm a bit late in putting up my New Year post. The reason being: I'm not particularly excited about it. I mean, what is there to look forward to? More school? Wow...

We had a 3-day day camp at NTU CO. Great, just what I needed, to go back to school for THREE WHOLE DAYS right before term starts again. Good job man. But then again, where would I be without my music?

The first day wasn't too bad, I suppose. I left after combined practice to cut and rebond my hair... The more I think about it, the harder it is to see myself cosplaying Allelujah (Gundam 00). I doubt he has layered hair anyway... That sounds more like what Tiera would have. Ho well... I finished Magaret Weis and Tracy Hickman's Dragons of Spring Dawning at the hairdresser's. Then, as she wasn't done with my hair, I flipped to the front and started reading again.

Friday was a whole day affair. Went totally splat. I mean, I wake up early, to spend three boring hours in combined practice waiting for my turn to play. (Conductor had to settle a lot of problems with the various solos, the dizi/siao solo, in particular.) Good thing I brought my book! I'm halfway through Terry Pratchett's Eric now. Then I had lunch with the rest of the cello/bass section (1 person) and the tanbo section (3 people, minus one person who went to eat with the erhu guys). What a merry lunch.... We went Subway, then to Jurong West library after that, so Huiboon and I could check the results of our elective waitlists. (I got Jap!! ^^ But not Pheesics... >_<) I also found out that Yiting and I have the same ringtone, which, incidentally, is Hirano Aya's God Knows (O_O). And I didn't believe it when some anime blogger wrote "Have God Knows as your ringtone." on his "You know you're an otaku when..." list...............

Had sectionals after a long lunch break... Lunch made me so sleepy... And the rain didn't help matters...... >_< Oh well, Lau Shi told a lot of stories~ That usually eases the boredom and the monotonity of practice...

Friday got a bit crazy. After combined I noticed from across the room that XiongBao (erhu guy) had Konata and can't-remember-who-else from Lucky Star printed on the back of his shirt. Yep, the otakus are all over NTU campus; we just have to seek them out. Both of us, plus concertmaster-san (can't remember his name!!), spent most of the barbercue lunch discussing anime. Gosh, XiongBao can actually dance the Lucky Star dance!! AND sing along too... He's crazy.

I'm getting the impression this post is getting boring. I never was good at sharing recollections anyway.

Oh well, school starts tomorrow. Except it's lecture only week, and all I have tomorrow are tutorials... So.... NO SCHOOL~~ WHEEEEE~ But I still have to come for CO practice. Blah. My fingers still hurt. And with thick skin like mine, that's a rarity...

Anyway, all the best to everyone going back to school tomorrow! NUS students, I know you still have one more week of holiday, so shhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Ja ne~
insane people
* Alyson
* Arthur
* Elenath
* Elgin
* Gabrylo the *coughcough* angelic Sheep-Cat-Chestnut
* Yang Yarongus the Coconut-flavoured Vampire
* Yiting the Demented (and her Sister the Insane)
poke me

daily dose
archive
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May, the background made by Bruna, opinions from Gabby, graphic from The Fading Night and inspiration from Nicole and Wanjing.