New school term, New Gundam 00 episode
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Yesterday was the start of a new school term for me. It consisted of TWO hours of lecture, which I barely listened at all (was too busy looking for electives to fill in my holey timetable), FIVE hours of waiting, slacking, and watching random YouTube videos, and THREE hours of stoning during CO practice. How fruitful. For the record, I still have not finalised my timetable. Suffice to say that the fate of my semester rests in the hands of the appeals officers, and the SPMS academic matters office. At this point in time, I may or may not be able to take Physics as a minor. In that case, I may or may not be able to get a MOE scholarship, and I might not or might take Literature as a minor. Also, I may or may not be able to go for a double minor.
Too much stressing out, so I decided to blow my brain out with some Kyou Kara Maou last night. No matter how stupid I feel, Yuuri ALWAYS makes me feel better. ^^
No reply from the SPMS academic matters office this morning, so, to avoid panic, I watched the conclusion of the Setsuna deja vu arc. Celestial Being should never let Setsuna do undercover work again. Gosh that guy can't lie to save his life, or the anonymity of Celestial Being, for that matter. And he claims, though not in so many words, that Gundam is his raison d'etre. (In his words, 'I am Gundam.'
So he pretends to be a local boy when Graham and Billy find him, and he gives Celestial Being textbook answers when Graham asks him "What do you think of this country's domestic discord?" (lifted from Shinsen Subs). At least he isn't too thick to miss Graham's oh-so-obvious hint. *gives a Kyon-like sigh of hopelessness*
Marina Ismail is another idiot. Yes, I know Setsuna gave her his Celestial Being codename, but that was meant to be a secret between lovers! She didn't have to shout it for the whole world to hear. *gives another Kyon-like sigh of hopelessness*
Oh but the battle scene was good. Very fast, very exciting. Very romantic too. I mean, lovers like to sit together on the beach to watch the sunset right? These two probably don't know how to express their love, except through the exchange of blows. So they decided to fight in the sunset! Okay my brain is going...
Looking from a literary student's point of view, there's a lot to talk about too. Like how much episodes 12 and 13 are a mirror of 11. In 11, Allelujah goes back to the place of his torment to deal with his past. In episodes 12 and 13, Setsuna does the same, except his fight is not over. I think his jihadist days will continue to torment him until Ali Al-Serges dies by one of his seven swords. In the last scene, before they cut to the end credits, we see Setsuna standing on a cliff, looking down at the ruins of his homeland. Then he turns and walks away. I take this to mean he has decided to leave the past for now. I could go further to say that hopefully, he won't be so emo in the next few episodes. Whee~
I'd also like to say, I think for Setsuna, his Gundam is a metaphor for his manhood. He cannot mature fully until he leaves his childhood behind. Which is why he said that he "cannot become Gundam" in episode 12. And also why he has now become, according to the episode 13 preview (at the end of 12), a Gundam. I think that's what all war stories should have: a bit of bildungsromans.
Okay, enough squeeing over one episode, I guess. Gosh I haven't fangirled so much in such a long time...
All the best for school people. May your timetables start late, and end early, with a nice amount of breaks in between!
Ja ne~