Sachi Hoshika
I am not what I am.
19sai
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Yes people, I finally turned 19 yesterday. Kanashii ne? In one year, I'll fail to be a teen anymore. And in two years, I'll be legally an adult... Yuck.

Anyway, I want to thank my nutty-twin-sister the Coconut-Vampire-Watermelon-Yarong and my nutty-otouto the Hunky-Chestnut-Sheep-Gabrylo. Thanks for making this depressing day fun. Yes, even wearing nekomimi ears was... amusing. More for you two and the general public than me, though.

I started the day off by meeting Gabby at Borders to get Yarong a christmas present. It wasn't hard to tell what she would like, since I went out with her the Friday before already, and she was lamenting on the lack of a paperback copy of Terry Pratchett's new Discworld book. So I got the hardcover version for her anyway. So she can bonk people over the head with it.

Then we headed down to Plaza Singapura to meet the Watermelon, who treated us with her special growl. We exchanged presents: Yarong returned me my FMA discs and passed me 3 data CD-Rs full of J-Rock; I passed Yarong the Pratchett; Yarong gave our very sadistic birthday and Christmas present to Gabby; and Gabby gave Yarong an L doll, and me a SOS-dan notebook. Blah, I have a weakness for cute notebooks. I already have a stack of them in the corner of my room, and if it piles any higher it's going to block the powerpoint which connects to my laptop. And yet, I won't use any of those notebooks because, well, they're cute~

Anyway, if you were to go to Yarong's blog anytime soon, you might find some *ahem* scandalous pictures of Light and L. Because she also has the Light doll that is of the same make as the L one Gabby gave her. And knowing her slashing tendencies, we can expect to find something weird cropping up on her blog............

Anyway. Gabby went home after lunch because he forgot to bring something. I should never have agreed to him going home to get it, because it turned out to be a pair of nekomimi ears. And so, over a brownie and ice-cream at Sweet Secrets, I was turned into a catgirl...


Then, Yarong decided to join in the fun and pull her L doll out of her bag (which, fortunately for her, was big enough to hide it):


Well, she was supposed to smother him, because Kira-Gabby condemned cute lil' L to death by being hugged so tightly by Yarong that he suffocates. But I guess strangulation will do too....... Maybe the Death Note isn't as accurate as we thought.

Anyway, Gabby forced me to wear my nekomimi ears in the cinema, while we watched The Golden Compass. It's quite a nice show, if anyone's wondering. I like the Gandalf-ice bear. And Mrs Coulter is as cold as the ice itself... Definitely a very cool show, with all the snow, and rainy weather here in Singapore.

After that, Yarong had to go, but Gabby and I went down to the arcade at Dhoby MRT to play DDR!! I still suck at it... Oh well... We walked to Suntec City after that, to find a cosplay shop. If anyone's interested, they're having an opening sale... It's called Otaku House, on the third floor, at the My.Playground section of Suntec. If you know where Popcorn Pop or Caesar's is, just walk further in from there. You'll find it. There's a goth costume shop too, for any Misa-Misa wannabes.

We probably spent an hour in there browsing. We went through the entire rack of cosplay costumes, trying to identify them all. We also KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~ed over the plushies. There was this cute Haro plushie that came in all sorts of colours -- except pink. I was quite thrilled to find that you can pull out the arms and legs... Kawaii desu!! I considered getting an orange one for Yarong's sis, but decided that it was too small to be Lockon's Haro. So I just placed an order for a pink Haro. Whee~~

I also got a Gundam 00 figurine, the kind that Comics Connection so interestingly puts in the "Tikam Tikam" section. We discovered different boxes had different weights, and were trying to guess which Gundams would be inside which boxes. I ended up taking a medium weight one, which turned out to be Kyrios. It's fine with me, I guess, seeing that not many Gundams actually have the ability to transform. I'd have prefered Exia though. He'd have been a better partner for my Tosaka Rin figurine, since she wanted to have "Saber" anyway.

Note the difference in sizes. Either Rin is a midget, or that is an oversized violin. But not to worry; Kyrios is even smaller. Imagine how tiny Allelujah will have to be to fit into that. Probably as microscopic as Edward Elric. *runs and hides*

Anyway, an update on my anime situation: I finished Desu Noto today~ Wow, Yagami-kun sure had an ugly death. All his cool composure gone, he turned into a madman. Ryuk killing him was probably for the best. Although now that he's used the Death Note, he can neither go to heaven nor hell. So he probably won't find rest in death either. Poor thing, in the end, he was a just a psychopath.

So my next anime series to watch will be Chrono Crusade, because it's the shortest and most easily accessible of all the series I want to watch next. Here's to hoping I can finish it in a week or two! Heh.

Ja ne~

P.S.: Oh anyway, it's not too late to get me a birthday/Christmas present~~ I want a Nintendo DS Lite. Or a Gundam model. Nothing too big. A 1/144 will do. And it doesn't have to be an MG either. I'll be happy with a HG, or the newly released Gundam 00 FGs. The FGs are quite cheap actually. Or I don't mind some anime soundtracks. Gundam Seed, Death Note and Ouran High are some of the best anime OSTs around. Nothing that is too much to ask for.

Just so you know. ^^
insane people
* Alyson
* Arthur
* Elenath
* Elgin
* Gabrylo the *coughcough* angelic Sheep-Cat-Chestnut
* Yang Yarongus the Coconut-flavoured Vampire
* Yiting the Demented (and her Sister the Insane)
poke me

daily dose
archive
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May, the background made by Bruna, opinions from Gabby, graphic from The Fading Night and inspiration from Nicole and Wanjing.