Sachi Hoshika
I am not what I am.
Post Performance Fatigue
Monday, October 29, 2007
Don't get me wrong. I love performing. No matter how small the show, or how little I'm paid (most of the time, with nothing but good memories... even the food tastes horrible sometimes!), I enjoy being on the stage.

But there's a trend. As anyone seeing me yesterday would agree, I tend to get pre- and post- performance highs. Then the melancholy comes the next day. It's always fun while it lasts, and sometimes you wish it'd go quickly, so you can revert to normal life. But when it's really over, you wish you could go through it one more time.

I spent my last two days in school, rehearsing a stupid, boring, communist song for Alumni Night. It took countless practice days, over 10 hours of rehearsal time (stage cues, acoustics testing and the like), and 5 minutes to play the piece over. Definitely one of my most time-consuming practices. And to cap it off, I broke a few hairs off my already-balding bow. I'm sorry horsie!

But, as my first large-scale performance with the NTU Chinese Orchestra (mid-autumn doesn't count because that was badly pulled off, not by our own doing.), I think it went well. And the CO people are at least as crazy as I am! The rehearsal hours that we had off stage were spent making a fool of ourselves, playing silly games and singing weird out-of-tune songs. As I commented to some guy who was sitting calmly in one corner listening to Suzumiya Haruhi's "God Knows" repeat on his mp3, even Haruhi can't beat this in terms of insanity! I think my favourite crazy moment was when the three guzheng girls created a techno version to the piece we were playing. It certainly didn't sound good, but who cares? It was crazy.

Ah, and I found another mummy and a jie! Now, if I could just find a daddy for this mummy... Hmmm.......

Yes, that was my last two days... Today... I couldn't muster the strength to study, and just flapped around the whole day like a lifeless thing. Didn't even go to school today, because I felt too lazy to. Besides, there's nothing important in school on mondays. Waking up early to go for two hours of class is simply a waste of time.

So I spent the day trying to do my tutorials, giving up because I couldn't do them, reading my textbook to try to gain a better understanding of the topic so I can do my tutorials. Then I decided I was done studying for the day, and splatted around playing random games and reading the Suzumiya Haruhi novel from this site. I'm still on the first book, which is what the anime is taken after, and I can tell the anime is really faithful to the book! Kyon's sarcasm just burns throughout the book!

Anyway, I've noticed for a long time that my blog music is down, but I've always been too lazy to fix it. Maybe it's time to find something... Bleah. Oh well, something to occupy me for the next few minutes as I procrastinate some more against studying.
insane people
* Alyson
* Arthur
* Elenath
* Elgin
* Gabrylo the *coughcough* angelic Sheep-Cat-Chestnut
* Yang Yarongus the Coconut-flavoured Vampire
* Yiting the Demented (and her Sister the Insane)
poke me

daily dose
archive
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May, the background made by Bruna, opinions from Gabby, graphic from The Fading Night and inspiration from Nicole and Wanjing.