Sachi Hoshika
I am not what I am.
Tale of Two Juniors.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Here's a tale of Two Juniors:

Junior A is a cheerful character with great artistic capacity. But for all his/her love for music and other art forms, he/she finds trouble with the subject Mathematics. Recognising this weakness, and determined to overcome it, he/she did every question in the TYS, in hope of being better at recognising patterns in the questions, and thus be better prepared for her preliminary exams.

Junior B is a cheerful character with great artistic capacity. But for all his/her love for music and other art forms, he/she finds trouble with the subject Chemistry. However, unlike Junior A, Junior B has chosen to give up on the science for his upcoming preliminary exams, admitting defeat even before the battle has begun. He/She feels that he/she has other merits that can pull his/her grades up, and thus, he/she chooses to sacrifice his/her weakness for strength.

This is a true story: there once was a girl who sucked so horribly at Physics she so nearly gave up on it. The only reason why she did not was that she couldn't decide if it was her weakest subject, or merely her second worst. Sick of contemplating which 3 subjects she would use to enter university, she decided not to give up on any of her subjects. She slogged with the books until the mental stress nearly killed her*. Eventually, through strong encouragement of those around her, and through God's good grace, she managed to obtain an unbelievable grade for her Physics paper.

* this is, of course, exaggeration. I don't think I ever worked that hard, though I did study until my hair turned white. **

** this is, again, exaggeration. Alright, alright, I shall stop exaggerating. Bleah.

Moral of the story? Never give up. With sufficient grace, anything is possible. And with a God so good and so large, nothing is impossible for him. ^^

Ja ne~

insane people
* Alyson
* Arthur
* Elenath
* Elgin
* Gabrylo the *coughcough* angelic Sheep-Cat-Chestnut
* Yang Yarongus the Coconut-flavoured Vampire
* Yiting the Demented (and her Sister the Insane)
poke me

daily dose
archive
credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May, the background made by Bruna, opinions from Gabby, graphic from The Fading Night and inspiration from Nicole and Wanjing.